I will teach and preach and do as missionaries do!

Deuteronomy 31:6

"Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be aftaid of them: for the Lord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee."




Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Weeks 6 & 7

I know it’s a bit late, but Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Sorry for not writing last week, the library was closed for some reason. So let’s see, these last two weeks have been pretty good, still just going out each day and trying to find people. We've meet some nice people and taught a lot, but most of them kinda fall off the face of the earth after that. We're still teaching Jon and Natalie, and Jon is like totally ready to get baptized. He believes the same things we do, and he’s starting to read the Book of Mormon on his own, which is really sweet. We’re still trying to get him to pray on his own tho, he said last time we were there that he would. Then we were also talking to him about being baptized again, and what would be holding him back. He said a lot of things and that he didn’t think he would be able to follow all of the rules if he did. After a bit it was just that he doesn’t want to move out from living with his girlfriend or get married yet. So, hopefully he prays about it and that will push him to do one or the other - haha. I've been telling Elder Graham that I'll marry them so he can get baptized! But he keeps telling me it doesn’t work like that or something lame like that. These last two weeks have been kinda slow at the same time tho, but hey, it was the holidays and everything, so people will be getting home again and hopefully it will pick up! Yesterday, I think I felt more like a little kid than I have in a while. We were biking around and it started pouring on us (well, I thought it was because it doesn’t rain as hard as it did back in Vegas) Elder Graham said it rains even harder!) I mean, we were totally soaked, and at first I was kinda mad, because hey, I’m soaked now, and after a few cars passed us during the rain, I started thinking...hey, I’m on a mission, I’m on a bike, it’s raining pretty hard (for my standards)... how could it get any worse? Heck, it probably looks kinda funny to the people driving by. After that thought, it just got super fun. I mean, I’m not going to go home and get yelled at for getting soaked in the rain, so it was fun. Just one of the little things like legos that make me happy - haha. Other than that, I’m not to sure what else happened because the days really are starting to blend together. So I hope everyone is doing ok, and having fun with life, because that’s what we’re supposed to do while were here, have joy. Times get kinda hard, I’ve learned that over my mission and from working at Sears, but all the good stuff totally blocks out the bad.
Love you all,
Elder Holcombe

No comments:

Post a Comment