I will teach and preach and do as missionaries do!

Deuteronomy 31:6

"Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be aftaid of them: for the Lord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee."




Sunday, January 16, 2011

Week 8

Hey everyone! How's it going? I've had a pretty good week, except I'm learning that the bike I bought is slowly starting to not be worth the $100 bucks I bought it for from the other elder that was going home. I got it with a flat, so had to fix that. Both breaks went out, so fixed the back ones to start. Now this past week, one of the pedals fell off! I mean c'mon! So now I have to fix that also...but hey, I guess if that's the worst of my problems, then I think I'm doing alright - haha. So lets see, what's new this week? Well not too much really, still have a small group of people that I'm teaching, all great people. Jon just got a new job and won't be working Sundays anymore, so hopefully he'll be able to come to church now -at least to see what it's like. We haven't talked too much to Natalie, his girlfriend, she's never there when we go over which makes it kinda hard to see if she's interested or not. Philjon is really liking church, he's only 15 but is way interested in this, and he's pretty smart. He loves learning about all the different stuff there is. Then Midline, she's very nice, she loves church so much, but doesn't know a whole lot of what we believe still, because we've only been able to actually teach her like twice. But last Sunday, she brought her whole family, her mom (who doesn't speak any English) her two kids, and their dad. And they all loved it. Well maybe not as much the mom, because she didn't know what was being said - haha. There's a few others that we've been teaching also, but these are the ones I've taught and grown closest to the most since I've been in Florida. Man, I feel like I should be writing more, but there's not a whole lot more really, we tracked a lot this past week, and there are some really nice house's but the people in them are not so nice, to say the least. Transfers are already coming up! We find out on Saturday if i get transfered or not. I personally don't think I will, I think Elder Graham might, he's been in this area for 6 months now, it was his first area also. So I think that because he's been here so long he might get moved, but hey who knows, maybe I'll still get moved somewhere. If so, the transfers themselves are on Tuesday. And of course, the library is closed on Monday, so I probably won't be able to email next week. So, you will have to wait a little bit to see if I get moved or not. But other than that, it's still raining alot and that keeps me happy like a little kid. I hope everyone is doing good, and would love to hear from you all sometime!
 
Love, Elder Holcombe

1 comment: