I will teach and preach and do as missionaries do!

Deuteronomy 31:6

"Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be aftaid of them: for the Lord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee."




Monday, January 24, 2011

Week 10

Dang, this week went by pretty quick...and was a good week as well. First off, I’m still in the same area, like I said last time, I believe. As far as teaching goes, we don’t have very many people to teach right now, most of the people we were teaching all "lost" contact with us, which kinda bites. We are still teaching Jon and Natalie, and they both love the church - just a matter of time before they decide to get married. I then get to take my Vegas connections with me and get them married! haha But really we’re only teaching them and Philjon, the kid who wants to know more about religion. I am kinda worried about Philjon tho, he's not really progressing very much which makes it hard. Elder Graham and I aren’t really sure what he needs to help understand the gospel so were just working with him when we can. The week didn’t have too much excitement really, but then on Saturday, we had Elder Oaks of the 12 talk to our mission, and got to shake his hand, he's really funny. It was way cool to listen to him talk in person and not over TV or something. He talked a lot about being obedient and listening to the Holy Ghost and being an example at all times. Hearing Elder Oaks and the fact that I didn’t have any bike problems this week made me pretty happy honestly. Oh - so the other day, Elder Graham and I were biking to get to the area we wanted to tract at, and we stopped to talk to this guy, as I was talking to him, this other guy walked by, so Elder Graham started talking to him. I finished talking to the first guy, and a couple had walked by me and Elder Graham, so I rode past Elder Graham to catch back up to the other couple and talked to them. After we both were done talking to everyone, we had to laugh about it, because it kinda looked like something out of a missionary movie or something. All is going good, I hope everyone is doing good also.
Love you all,
Elder Holcombe

No comments:

Post a Comment