I will teach and preach and do as missionaries do!

Deuteronomy 31:6

"Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be aftaid of them: for the Lord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee."




Saturday, November 20, 2010

November 17, 2010 - Day 1

Dear Family,

     Dang, day one is done! Can't believe it, it went by pretty fast, all things considered. I know that my writing all around needs to be worked on so I'll try my best. My companion is Elder Oteo. He is from San Diego and is a pretty cool Elder. We're not "dudes" or "guys" anymore, we're Elders. That will get some getting used to. Mom, how is the camera thing working? Going to swap camera cards every other week or so? There is another Elder in our room, Elder Smith. He is really quiet, but that is because he seems to be home sick. I feel bad. I know it will hit us all sooner or later, but I hope to avoid it all around. It's only the first day. Everyone keeps saying just make it to Sunday and you'll be fine. So, that's what I'm doing, making it to Sunday. Well, love you all, miss you guys tons. Mom this orange dot is what was on our tags to show that we are new. Figured you would want to "scrapbook" this, so here it is.

Love you all,
Elder Holcombe

No comments:

Post a Comment