I will teach and preach and do as missionaries do!

Deuteronomy 31:6

"Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be aftaid of them: for the Lord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee."




Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sorry, I hate writing letters! As yall know I'm in Waycross again, and since I've been here I have been chased by more dogs than my whole mission! Not sure what's the deal! They come out of no where and start to chase us when were biking, almost got bit twice, but the Lord was protecting me for sure because I got away each time! The area is picking up, were starting to teach more and more people, which is good, but at the same time, most of them are, well they are great people, but a little out there. They are good southern people, thats for sure! One has a detached retna in his eye, loves the church, and has known about it, the Book of Mormon, and Joseph Smith for about 30 years and believes it all to be true, but dosent really believe in joining a church, (really...??) So were trying to help him, but he's coming along pretty well, and made a few comments about joining the church. There are a few other part member familys that were working with, all great people, some are more active than other members, but just arent baptized.. (again really?? some people...) Then we have a few people that we meet on the side of the street that invite us over and then ask us to break some bread and have fish with them. (I HATE fish...) that was interesting. I love the Ghetto thats for sure. Even if some are a bit bi-polar / skitzofrenic (heck if i know how to spell that). Then finding, well we didnt find, the other elders found a husky/lab mix that's maybe 6 weeks old just sitting in the middle of the street. I will neither confirm or deny if we are keeping it outiside in the small closet we have to take care of it while we find a member to take it off our hands. And I will also neither confirm or deny that it has been named Penguin cuz its black and white. Or the fact that is very very cute and playful. Well that's about what's going on with me out here! Hope all is going well back home.

Love,
Elder Holcombe

No comments:

Post a Comment