I will teach and preach and do as missionaries do!

Deuteronomy 31:6

"Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be aftaid of them: for the Lord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee."




Monday, October 31, 2011

Week 48

WOW~ basically we are done with October already?! Halloween next Monday? Crazy! This time last year I think I was camping with my friends. My how time flys! So, this week was a lot of driving around again to find people. One of the areas we cover is a town called Bronson - and Bronson has a ton of dirt roads. Well we were driving around one dirt road and turned to another, well we would have if it hadn't been for the fact that in the process of the turn the car decided it was going to get stuck in the sand! The road looked totally fine, just like all the rest of the road we had been driving on. The sand on the turn though underneath was very loose and the sand on top appeared to be solid. We had a member come get us out. With no problems either. Though later on, during the night, I was thinking about it, some call this process "reflecting" who woulda thought, me "reflecting" haha! I realized how much that experience was just like how the devil works, he makes things look good, but then once you're there, and in the situation, you realize that you're stuck in sin. Just as we were stuck in the sand. On top it was ok but the weight of the car and the loose sand underneath, we were stuck. But thanks to the member with the truck, was able to come and pull us out, just as Christ's Atonement can help pull us out of our sins and bring us back to safety. That's just my reflections from the week. Hope everyone is doing good!

Love ya'll
Elder Holcombe

No comments:

Post a Comment