I will teach and preach and do as missionaries do!

Deuteronomy 31:6

"Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be aftaid of them: for the Lord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee."




Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Week 22

How ya'll doin? I got transferred to Waycross, GA – a small city of about 20,000 people. I am not too sure how to handle myself. It’s very different than what I’m used to, that’s for sure! But the people are way nice out here. I am kind of bummed that I got transferred, but it’s all good. Let’s see… this past week we had a pretty cool thing happen to us. Elder Neville and I were going to see this referral that a member gave to us. We went in the morning and no one was home. Then, later on in the day we decided to go try again. On the way, there was a family outside playing, we waved not really planning on stopping, but one guy waved us down and ran over to us. He was like, "Ya'll Latter Day Saints?" We were like "Sure are" He was like, "Ya'll don’t happen to have a Book of Mormon that I could have, do you?" We were kind of shocked, and told him we did. He told us that he had just gotten out of jail not too long ago, and found the Book of Mormon there, and read 1 & 2 Nephi and loved it. He said it helped him out a lot. He also loved the tree of life and how it explained a lot of things. So we taught him briefly and set up a time to come back. He wants to learn more and is way excited. Outside of that, I’m still getting to know the area and people, but it should be a pretty fun time here. We went fishing and snake hunting this morning and that was fun. I didn’t catch anything but it was still fun. Well I love you all, remember me as the sun sets and it’s still nice and bright back in Vegas, because it’s pitch black here!  Kind of like a zombie movie or something! J

Love,
Elder Holcombe

No comments:

Post a Comment