I will teach and preach and do as missionaries do!

Deuteronomy 31:6

"Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be aftaid of them: for the Lord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee."




Monday, December 20, 2010

Week 5

Hello Everyone!
Dang, so this last week went by super fast! It has been pretty fun, but still really cold. There was a day or two where it got a little bit warmer, but only for that day. So it’s really lame. No one really new that we are teaching this week, it has been kinda hard because it’s Christmas time and cold outside, no one really wants to let us in to hear what we have to say. It’s funny how rude people can actually be. I mean, if your going to the door just to lock it, or to open the door and tell us your not interested or don’t want any, and then close it, why open the door to begin with? But on the other hand we have met a lot of people that will listen and talk with us, but then let us know that they respect what were doing but they simply just aren’t interested. But hey, Elder Graham and I are having fun still, he loves Christmas music so he’s constantly singing! A lot of the time he changes the words to go along with whatever were doing which makes it kinda funny.
So last week I told you how I saw a fight, well this week, Elder Graham wanted to visit some less active members. So we ride our bikes to this one house, that’s like in the middle of nowhere land. The houses are way back off the street, and there is a forest behind the houses. So we ride up to the first less active members home, just to even see if the person lives there. We put our bikes down knock real fast, and she opens and invites us in. So we go in just to see how she’s doing, only plan on being there a few minutes, and she's a talker, talked about crazy stuff, like how she see's spirits and all this other stuff that has happened to her with and the spirits. Well we finally are able to get out, and Elder Graham's on the phone and they asked him how he's doing, and he's like great how are you? I was like, umm Elder... and he looks at our helmets laying there, and he told the person on the phone he'd call them back.. so yep, our bikes were stolen my second week out here. We had to walk a good distance to the bishops house, which was where we were planning on going next anyways. But, the bike I was on was not my bike, it was another Elders that left it at our apartment and is in a whole different area, so I was using that until the one I bought got here. Elder graham said that the Elder won’t care at all, but if he does, I'll give him mine or buy it from him - I guess.
So yeah, the last week has been a bit slow because we are walking, the other Elders needed the car this last week (go figure, and they have bikes) but oh well, other than that, I can’t think of much else to report this week. I’m working hard, trying different ideas to get people interested. I love you all, hope to hear from you guys soon.
Love,
Elder Holcombe

No comments:

Post a Comment