I will teach and preach and do as missionaries do!

Deuteronomy 31:6

"Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be aftaid of them: for the Lord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee."




Monday, December 5, 2011

Week 49

Well this week was pretty good. We have been out working pretty hard. Trying to find people to teach, with not too much success so far. We did find one person, but now they aren't too interested any more because females can't hold the priesthood, or become a bishop... but we told her that this was the Lords church and that if she read and prayed she will know the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon for herself. But she told us the next day she wasnt interested. then on saturday we went to a members daughters wedding. Oh man what an adventure that was! We ended up getting put into the bridal party and had to walk down the isle! Only on a mission.... it was crazy stuff. But the Bishop said would be ok. The girl I walked down with wasn't a member and didn't know the unwritten rule us missionaries have and scooped up my arm! Man it was super akward but hey, what can you do! Other than that not too much else has happened this week. We had our "fall festival" with no trunk or treat, they dont do that in this ward for some reason..... feel bad for the kids they are so missing out!

Well love you all,
Elder Holcombe

1 comment:

  1. Elder Holcombe,
    Sounds like some pretty exciting things have been happening to you on your mission. I've enjoyed reading about them all. It's crazy that you have been serving a year now. We actually have a missionary in our ward that just arrived fresh from the MTC, who is from Florida, but more around Orlando. I can already tell he is going to serve well. We've really enjoyed our Elders and have had them teaching in our home lately. Earlier in the year, Brooke's friend Lexi joined the church and now on December 17th a boy that has been friends with Brooke since kindergarten, named Joel will be baptized. It's always a great experience to see the progression of someone that is learning the gospel. I love the example that the Elders set for Preston and Brecken. I love having them come for dinner too. I've always thought (as I'm sure your mom does too) that if I make sure to feed the Elders in my ward, then certainly the Lord will bless me by making sure that when my boys go on missions, they too will be fed.
    Keep up the righteous work. I love you and am proud of you. You are always part of our prayers.
    Love, Aunt Alison

    ReplyDelete